Thursday, August 13, 2009

For years I have wanted to be a writer, but somehow other things kept getting in the way. For instance, knitting, reading (especially reading), quilting, sewing, embroidery, etc., etc. Since I am not getting any younger, there may not be too many years left for me to do this. So, I am trying this blog to see if I can jumpstart myself.

My sister is a published writer and poet and I think that gets in my way. But then, any excuse, right?

Recently, she suggested that we read The Fiction Class by Susan Breen. In it, the protagonist, Arabelle Hicks, teaches creative writing to an adult education class and in the process gets to know her difficult mother better. At the end of each chapter is A Writing Assignment.

I am proposing to use this blog to do each writing assignment, and I wonder if there is anyone out there who would care to join me?

So, tomorrow I am going to do the first assignment, which is:

Make a list of your five obsessions.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5

Now write a few paragraphs about one of them.

Sheen

No comments:

Post a Comment